Sunday, May 31, 2015

Portability & Visitors

I took a portable version of the scanning setup to the beaches of Lake Michigan last week. It was interesting, not as successful as I would have liked it to be but I did learn a bit, took some notes, and have a better idea of where things can be improved.

The home setup continued to work fine while I was gone. The biggest issue I have to resolve is storage, switching to a portable USB drive should resolve that, but I'll miss the joy of uploading everything to a remote server, crunching all the images into a video and uploading to youtube / wherever at high speed. It doesn't make sense at this point to justify spending $50 / month when a 1TB drive can be purchased for $70.
I
Aside from technical fun, it looks like we've had a creature of some sort dig a hole in front of the scanner! No good images of the animal itself, the limited depth of field only gives us blurry images of anything more than 1 or 2 mm away from the scanner.




No comments:

Post a Comment